1 October 2020
RE: Parent/Carer – Teacher Day for Year 13 – Wednesday 14th October 2020
We write to inform you about the arrangements for the above event which is an opportunity for parents/carers to speak with subject teachers to discuss progress to date to ensure Year 13 students have made a positive start to the final year of Key Stage 5 as they approach their Post-16 examinations from May 2021. Due to current Covid-19 restrictions, these appointments will be telephone conversations, rather than the usual face-to-face meetings. Please note that The Leigh Academy will be closed on this day for normal lessons.
Please note the following:
- A telephone appointment should be made with ALL subject teachers. If a
student has more than one teacher for a subject, please arrange an interview with the main class teacher only.
You may wish to make a telephone appointment to see your child’s Tutor,
Post-16 Coordinator and SEN team.
- Telephone appointments will be available between 8:30am and 7:00pm on Wednesday 14th October. Bookings are made online via My Child at School (MCAS) – please see the booking instruction sheet attached to this letter. Some teachers who have more than one Year 13 class have expressed a preference to make some phone calls on Monday 12th or Tuesday 13th as well. If this is the case for any of your child’s teachers, then you will be able to book a phone call on either of these additional days when you log into MCAS.
- The MCAS booking system will be live from 12:00 noon on Thursday 8th October.
- Telephone appointments will last for approximately 5 minutes.
- Please be aware that phone calls could be made from either an academy landline or a withheld number.
I hope that despite the different way of conversing with your child’s teachers you will nonetheless find it useful as we continue our work together in ensuring the best possible outcomes for all of our students.
Click here to view or download the letter as a file.
Click here to view more information on the event.