We want to make sure that we are providing your daughter/son with the best education and support we can. Healthy school food has obvious health benefits and can help pupils establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve pupils’ readiness to learn.
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals, particularly this year when families financial circumstances may have changed. Your daughter/son is eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £955.00 per child for The Leigh Academy to fund valuable support such as extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
This additional money is available from the central government for every child whose parent is receiving one of the benefits listed above. If you think you are eligible, I urge you to complete the application (one per child) via the link also provided. You will need to complete a separate application for each child.
Julia Collins | Principal