I write to you at the end of this extraordinary module to firstly thank you for your tremendous support through these challenging times.
Staff at The Leigh Academy have faced stresses, strains and risks – but despite this have shown resilience and dedication to your children’s education and safety. I am sure you would like to join me in thanking them all for continuing to provide a full balanced curriculum offer to every year group, whether that be the traditional in the classroom lessons or the new way of remote learning through Google classrooms and ‘live’ online lessons when either student, or teacher (or both) are self-isolating. We have also continued to provide a nurturing environment where all feel well looked after and supported.
Your children too, have faced each day with determination to succeed, following our safety routines and guidelines with a sensible, positive attitude. I feel truly proud of our Leigh community which has pulled together to support each other through these tough times.
If throughout the Christmas break, your child has a Covid-19 positive test, then please do report this to us as it may be necessary for us to trace contacts to self-isolate.
Please report to the academy on 01322 620400, or the firstname.lastname@example.org email, please put the subject title as ‘Urgent- Covid’. The phone line and email will be open Monday & Tuesday 8:00am – 4:00pm and until midday on Wednesday 23rd December.
From midday on Wednesday 23rd December, if your child has a positive test result then please visit the academy website and follow instructions to inform the Trust of your child’s test results using our parental Covid-19 portal.
From Monday 4th January The Leigh Academy will be open again for staff training day, so please call the main reception on 01322 620400, or the email@example.com email.
Start of New Module Dates
Gavin Williamson yesterday announced a staggered start to Module 3, allowing for mass testing to be rolled out. Whilst we await further information from the DfE about how mass testing will take place, we can confirm the following details for the start of the new module.
Week commencing Monday 4th January.
- Monday 4th January – Staff Training Day.
- Tuesday 5th January to Friday 8th January – Year 11 and Year 13 students ONLY return to on site teaching for the week.
- Tuesday 5th January to Friday 8th January – Year 7, 8 ,9, 10 and 12 have a ‘remote learning week’, learning at home. Students will follow their usual timetable of lessons with work being set in the Google Classrooms and with some ‘live’ online lessons.
- Year 12 students who have BTEC/public examinations in this week will still attend for their examinations (Mr Forcella-Burton will send further details to you).
- Provision available for children of key workers and vulnerable students to attend on site education from Tuesday 5th January to Friday 8th January, if required. Further details to follow in a separate letter.
- There will be no onsite catering facilities for this week. All children on site will need to bring packed lunches.
- Provision will be made for children eligible for Free School Meals – further details to follow nearer the time.
Week commencing Monday 11th January – All year groups return to full on-site education.
We will of course share any further details with you as soon as we have them, but at least for now this should help with your planning ahead at home.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas – even if it may be a different form of celebration than previous years, please follow the guidelines and keep safe. I look forward to welcoming all our staff and students back in 2021.