As part of the Department for Education’s strategy to support remote learning, they have teamed up with several mobile network providers to offer a free increase in mobile data allowances for students in secondary education.
You can request extra mobile data for children if:
• You have no broadband connection at home.
• You cannot afford additional data.
One of the following must also apply. They are children:
• In years 3 to 11 and whose face-to-face education is disrupted.
• Who are clinically extremely vulnerable and need to shield on current official advice (this could be from a doctor or hospital consultant).
• Who lives in a household that has been advised to shield because a family member is clinically extremely vulnerable.
• Who cannot attend the academy – even though theirs is open – because restrictions prevent it.
If you think you meet the above criteria, please complete the google form shared with this letter and we will put forward your request to the DfE.
The Leigh Academy – https://forms.gle/EgdtYv6xx9wBLBx48
As you will be sharing your mobile number with us, it is important you also read the privacy statement from the DfE on the Google Form and tick the box to acknowledge you have read it.
If you have any questions, then please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr K Brewer
Head of College
Leading on Year 11