It has been fantastic to welcome Year 11 students back to The Leigh Academy this month following a disruptive period of lockdowns and online learning. Your child remains very much a member of their college, but part of mine and Ms Bodle’s role this year is to provide academic and careers support to Year 11 students in all colleges. This is something we did last year and found that the consistency of messaging regarding examinations and everything else Year 11 encompasses, was well received by students and parents. I am very much looking forward to working with you and your child in a similar style this year.
Year 11 students are now at a crucial stage in their GCSE studies. In order to ensure that our students get the best possible results, we are holding an ‘Information Evening’ on Wednesday 15th September 2021 for Year 11 students and their parents/carers. In order to allow social distancing in our Lecture Theatre, we will be inviting students and parents in from each college at separate times as follows:
- 5.00pm – 5.30pm: Da Vinci
- 5.30pm – 6.00pm: Brunel
- 6.00pm – 6.30pm: Darwin
- 6.30pm – 7.00pm: Chaucer
Chairs will be grouped together in pairs and we request that just one parent/carer attends with each student, and that all attendees wear face coverings whilst in the building. Students should attend in academy uniform. During the Information Evening, we will be providing information on the following:
- The Year 11 calendar, key dates and events from September through to GCSE results in August 2022.
- The Year 11 timetable and extra-curricular support.
- Updates on the English, Mathematics and Science courses.
- The opportunity to speak with Ms Grozdanic (Director of Learning for Mathematics), Mr Heelall (Director of Learning for English) and Mr Goddard (Director of Learning for Science) for any subject specific questions.
- An overview of Post-16 at The Leigh Academy from Mr Forcella- Burton.
- Strategies to support your son/daughter through Year 11.
If you request a SENCO appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to welcoming you all next Wednesday and if you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Head of College