I am writing to let you know about the arrangements for the return in January 2022. The government is directing that all secondary schools provide on-site COVID LF Testing for all students when they return to school after the Christmas break. The parental consent previously given in September will be used again and does not need to be repeated.
In order to facilitate on-site testing for all students we will have a staggered start to on-site lessons that week.
Please see the schedule below which explains the testing and return information for each year group, a further year group specific letter with exact timings.
Testing and Return Information
- Year 7 – Test on Wednesday 5th January. Lessons start at 8:30am Thursday 6th January.
- Year 8 – Test on Thursday 6th January followed by staggered start to lessons.
- Year 9 – Test on Thursday 6th January followed by staggered start to lessons.
- Year 10 – Test on Wednesday 5th January followed by staggered start to lessons.
- Year 11 – Test on Tuesday 4th January. Lessons start at 8:30am on Wednesday 5th January.
- Post-16 – Test on Wednesday 5th January. Lessons start at usual times on Thursday 6th January.
If your child has tested positive for COVID-19 90 days or less before we return to school, they do not need to come in for testing, they should arrive for when their year group lessons resume. A further year specific letter will follow tomorrow.
Earlier this week we received confirmation of one positive student case in Year 10 as having been identified as having the Omicron variant. We have followed the advice from Public Health England and NHS Track & Trace and we have contacted close contacts who have begun isolation whilst awaiting a PCR result.
A reminder please that all students should be testing twice weekly and wear face coverings when moving around the building and in indoor communal areas. Students will be provided with additional C19 LFT test kits this week and we would encourage them to continue testing twice weekly over the school holidays.
We are celebrating Christmas lunches and Christmas jumper days as we conclude this week, enjoying the last few days of the term together, whilst continuing to follow all safety guidance.
A reminder that the academy closes to all year groups this Friday at 12:30pm.
I wish you and your families a safe and Merry Christmas.