I am pleased to report that the number of COVID cases since we returned from half term amongst students and staff have remained low, with only a handful of cases each week, all with no clusters in any year group, and all are on the way to a full recovery.
I am grateful that the majority of students are very sensible and co-operating wearing their face masks in indoor communal areas and when moving around the building. However, we need your help. We are finding that a lot of students are asking for a new disposable face mask each morning. This is not sustainable. We cannot continue to give out 100s of masks every day. Please provide your child with a clean fabric mask or new disposable mask every day. Wearing masks in secondary schools is now a requirement under the latest DFE guidance published on the 29th November 2021. We do have our own 2 pack of fabric face masks that can be purchased via parent pay for £1.
Please continue to LF test your child twice weekly on Sundays and Wednesdays. More tests will be given out to students in the last week of term.
Reminder of Important Dates
- Tuesday 14th December – Safety day at The Leigh. Students will practise an ‘on site lockdown’ and onsite evacuation in the morning.
- Wednesday 15th December – Christmas lunch and non-uniform Christmas jumper day for Years 8 ,10 ,11.
- Thursday 16th December – Christmas lunch and non-uniform Christmas jumper day for Years 7 and 9.
- Thursday 16th December – Post-16 students will have a Christmas celebration and non- uniform Christmas jumper day.
- Friday 17th December – Students will be dismissed from the academy at 12:30pm.
Module 3 is scheduled to begin on Tuesday 4th January with a staff development day. I will write again with more details regarding student return next week once we have finalised the details of the onsite COVID testing for students that will take place that week, as directed by the DfE.
Thank you as always for your continued support.