Over the last two weeks at The Leigh Academy we have seen an increase in COVID cases, proportionately more in members of staff, than students. It is important to share this update with you all so that we can all be aware and continue to take the following measures as appropriate.
- If you child is unwell or showing any COVID-like symptoms, please keep them home and carry out an LFT test. If your child has a positive LFT test then they should stay at home for a full 5 days.
- Continue to wash hands, sanitise regularly and use a tissue for sneezes.
At The Leigh Academy we continue to monitor cases and if we see patterns or clusters developing we will inform students and parents of that class/group. We will:
- Continue to ventilate indoor areas where possible.
- Ensure students go outside to socialise at break and lunch (when weather permits).
- Encourage regular handwashing, use sanitiser.
A reminder that schools no longer receive free LFT test kits but families can order online here. I believe that LFT test kits are still free to the public until the end of March, but that there may be a cost from 1st April.
As always students, staff and visitors are welcome to wear face coverings/masks when inside at The Leigh Academy although they are not mandatory.
We continue to follow all DfE and government guidelines and will introduce further measures if deemed necessary.
I sincerely hope that the current increases are a blip and as we move further into spring and the Easter Holidays that cases will reduce once more.
As always, we thank you for your continued support.