I am sure that we all will have been touched and affected by the terrible scenes that we are witnessing on a daily basis as a result of the invasion of Ukraine. At The Leigh Academy we would very much like to do whatever we can to help people that are being affected in this humanitarian crisis.
- Donations of Supplies: If you are able to donate any items on the list below, we would be very grateful indeed. We are not asking you necessarily to go out to purchase these items but would ask if you have any of these at home and they are in a good condition and can be spared then they would be gratefully received.
- We need to raise money for fuel for the HGVs that will take these donations to Poland, A Go Fund me page has been set up and we are asking if you can share this far and wide especially with people that have businesses or if they are part of organisations that could support us. The Go Fund Me Page can be found here: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/igor-kovalenko-1?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=socpledgemobile&utm_content=igor-kovalenko-1&utm_campaign=post-pledge-mobile&utm_term=vxG2pyjD7
If you are able to donate any items from the list please can you bring them into the main reception at The Leigh Academy. We will be collating items and then delivering them to the local school’s hub every Wednesday afternoon for the rest of this module.
This appeal is likely to result in a huge effort across our county and will demonstrate the unquestionable compassion we have for those that are suffering the unimaginable horrors of war. We really are truly grateful for any support you can give as it will make a huge difference to the lives of everyone that has had their lives changed beyond measure.
Items for Donation
- baby formula (especially hypoallergenic one – huge shortage)
- baby feeding bottles, sterilising equipment (nothing electric – different sockets)
- baby food
- nappies – any sizes
- painkiller medication, especially children’s
- charging banks for mobile phones
- warm socks/gloves/warm hats
- camping mats
- sleeping bags
- protein/energy bars
- anti-flu medication (Lemsips etc)
- wound dressings
- first aid kits
- warm blankets
- thermal/base layers
- hot water bottles
- insulated flasks
- female sanitary products
- any clean soft toys/teddy bears
- a letter/ card of hope and support from children and families.