A key part of the continuing success of your child is the partnership that we have with you. In order to develop this further, we are holding an information evening on Wednesday 14th September 2022 for Year 11 parents/carers as Year 11 students are now at a crucial stage in their GCSE studies.
The purpose of the evening will be to provide information on GCSE examinations, specifications and grading system with specific detail relating to the core subjects of English, Mathematics and Science.
During the Information Evening, we will be providing information on the following:
- The Year 11 calendar/key dates and events from September through to GCSE results in August 2023
- The Year 11 timetable and extra-curricular support
- Updates on the English, Maths and Science courses
- The opportunity to speak with Ms Grozdanic (Director of Learning for Maths) Ms Fiona McFarlane-Farmani (Director of English) and Mr Goddard (Director of Learning for Science) for any subject specific questions
- An overview of Post-16 at The Leigh Academy from Mr Burton
- Strategies to support your son/daughter through Year 11
We are splitting the evening into two sessions at the following times:
- Shakespeare and Seacole students and parents, 5:45pm – 6:45pm
- Mandela and Curie students and parents, 7pm – 8pm
Depending on the number of requests, there may be an opportunity to meet with our SENCO or a member of the SEN team. Please indicate on the reply slip below.
Please return the reply slip to your child’s College Admin by Monday 12th September 2022 at the latest to indicate whether or not you will be able to attend.
We look forward to meeting you.
Julia Collins | Principal