Examination board: OCR
Course Code: 04310
About the course
This qualification is aimed at learners interested in the creative and digital media sectors. It provides them with the core skills for scoping, planning and creating products and assets for the sector and encourages creativity and originality with a vocational focus. The qualification aims to:
- Develop candidates’ knowledge of a range of different software application types
- Develop the ability to use different applications effectively to meet a customer’s specified requirements
- Develop candidates’ ability to manage information
- Develop candidates’ ability to plan, prioritize and evaluate work tasks effectively
- Develop candidates’ skills, knowledge and testing in contexts that are directly relevant to employment situations.
What will I do on the course?
The purpose of this qualification is to develop candidates’ skills in the use of applications to plan a solution against a specification and provide a product or service to meet their customers’ needs. This course is appropriate for those preparing to work as: web designers, graphic artists, multimedia producers, animators, sound designers and editors, video producers, game designers and story-boarders. In order to achieve a Level 3 Certificate, candidates are required to achieve four units; two mandatory units plus two optional units. The optional units allow candidates to develop skills in a range of different applications. In order to achieve a Level 3 Diploma, candidates are required to achieve seven units; two mandatory units plus five optional units. Assessment: On demand.
5 A*- C GCSEs including English
All assessment is coursework based and is broken down into four common sections: Research, Planning, Implementing, and Evaluation.
Areas of study include:
- Pre-Production Skills – coursework assessment
- Digital Media Skills for Asset Production – coursework assessment
- Developing an Enhanced Website – coursework assessment (optional)
- Digital Photography – coursework assessment (optional)
What can I do after the Course?
The purpose of the qualification is to develop candidates’ skills in the use of applications to provide a product or service to meet their customers’ needs. This qualification enables progression onto university degree courses or provides a foot into the doorway of the very competitive market.