Students in Year 7 and 8 follow a course, which builds upon the National Curriculum in England – Mathematics Programme of study for Key stage 1 and 2.
We aim to develop students’ confidence and pleasure in applying mathematical techniques, while giving them the competences and understanding to make them fully numerate citizens.
Aim is to ensure that all pupils:
- Become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics developing conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately
- Reason mathematically
- Can solve problems by breaking down problems into a series of simpler steps and finding solutions
- Ratio, proportion and rates of change
- Geometry and measures
Year 7 and Year 8 students are assessed fully at end of modules 2, 4 and 6. You can see more detailed Assessment Framework in the link below.
Course Books and Equipment
- Useful website –myMaths– students are given a login/password to access online lessons and homework
- Useful website – KS3 Bitesize Maths
- Schemes of Learning and Curriculum Plan – can be accessed on the link below.
- Students must have planner, pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, pencil sharpener, colouring pencils
- Scientific Calculator
- Compasses (for drawing circles and constructions)
Events and Visits
- UK Junior Maths challenge – National Maths competition involving Year 7 and Year 8 gifted and talented Maths students.
- Year 8 Puzzle Day.
If you require accessible versions of these documents please email: email@example.com